Thread: Mind on Lyrica
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 02:30 AM
Administrator

I used to joke that while I was in my ordeal, I could laugh about stupid things I said or things I forgot and say it was the pain and the medication. The downside of getting better is that when it happens now, it have nothing to blame it on... it's just me!

There is no question in my mind that I lost a substantial amount of hearing during my ordeal. It may be from years of Vicodin / Oxycontin use, or it may be coincidental and related to my age, skydiving, flying, etc...

There is no question in my mind that I have lost some mental sharpness, recall ability etc. I was discussing this with a doctor a few weeks ago and he said, "how long were you under general anesthesia?"

I don't think I'll ever know the answer... Is it age? Early onset of dementia? Years of pain meds and Morontin? Something that has to do with years of chronic pain and associated brain chemistry changes? Fluoridated water?

Who knows... I don't.... What was the question again?

I just want to commiserate and say that this experience is not uncommon. I'm glad you brought it up and I hope we hear more about this.

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org