View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 05:58 AM

Thumbs up yeow bone on bone

I too had L4-L5 & L5-S1 bone on bone for many years, i had a laminectomy at L4-L5 @ age 24 after a botched spinal tap, and it scared me out of surgery for 30 yrs!! It collapsed shortly after my 1st surgery & the pain was incredible,ankle-foot & leg swelling,sciatic was always flaring,i limped, wore a back brace for 16hrs a day, i walked with the help of a cane and sometimes crutches,some days it hurt so bad it would put tears in my eyes...i still remember the combinations of meds to try and get any relief,no matter how small,i was a candidate for 2 prodiscs at 47,i was lucky,very lucky something was aligning in the stars,the timing,my decision to have the surgery had to be quick & i decided to put all my faith in my Surgeon who seemed to be the best of the best,he put me at ease from the first time we met,he didn't beat around the bush,he told me the risks and possible benefits,he said it might not turn out great,i might have more pain or the same pain as before surgery since i had DDD for so many years.but he did say he thought he could help me. I am in the trials here in the US,i wasn't sure until i woke up if i would have the prodiscs or a fusion.all i knew was i could no longer deal with the meds or the pain, so the moral of my story is check out all options! and be comfortable with your Docs whomever they are
After a botched spinal tap where my L4/L5 disc exploded i underwent a laminectomy in 1979, and ran from spinal surgery ever since, then in 2002 i met DrDelamarter in Santa Monica- and my life as i knew it changed dramatically, I consider myself the "ProdiscPosterBoy" I am in the US Trials and one of the first in California to recieve 2 Lumbar Prodiscs, nomorepain-nomoremeds

Last edited by nomorepain; 07-27-2011 at 06:06 AM.