View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 08:08 AM

Well I don't know about the new things being mentioned. I do believe that most doctors don't have our best interest at heart. I also believe politics is just a big show and we are the watchers and the main stream media too.

As far as fusions and ADR go, I hear about the same amount of success stories. Some good, some great, some bad and some are crippled from them. It seems the bad outweighs the good to me. I should have never had a fusion. It has ruined my life. I was way better off without it. I was told I was not a candidate for ADR because I had Spondylolysis at L5/S1. They told me it wouldn't work and the only way to fix it was a fusion. The disc was crushed, I had several stress fractures and my spine was sliding forward off my tail bone. I'll admit it was painful, but just when I thought the pain couldn't get any worse, I had a fusion. Whenever you think it can't get any worse, trust me it can!

Now L4/L5 is pretty much gone. I also have a cyst in there somewhere. They don't want to do ADR there either. Something about ADR not being to good for the lower back due to the weight. Plus L5/S1 didn't fuse. They need to go in, add more BMP so it will fuse. They said they need to fuse L4/L5 so L5/S1 has something stable to heal with. Who knows? All I do know is my Workers comp doesn't cover ADR, so maybe that is really why they don't want to give it to me.

I can say without a doubt that my pain has gotten progressively worse since my fusion. Maybe it is the cyst? Maybe the surgery itself? Maybe L4/L5 or maybe a combo of them all? I believe it was the fusion surgery cause I have been in horrible pain ever since getting it.

To all of you that have had a successful fusion or ADR or whatever else you had, congratulations! To those who are still suffering, I feel your pain and hope you make a full recovery someday.

We can't lose hope!
Had a 360 lumbar fusion in May 2008 with cages, screws, hardware. It didn't fuse and one of the screws are loose. Also have a tear at L4 but they say it isn't touching the nerve. Have a bulging disc at T6 which causes middle back pain. I'm not even gonna mess with T6.