View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 06:01 PM

Angry More troubles post SCS removal

It has been a while since I posted but I had the surgery to remove the SCS from my spine and battery from my buttock. I woke from the surgery with the same symptoms. The horrible banding pain around my upper abdomen (around where my diaphram is). This pain never goes away and at times I have a horrible cramping around the area. It feels like someone tightens a hot belt around upper abdomen/lower chest. The pain brings tears to my eyes. The surgeon also had to do a revision laminectomy from T6 thru T10 but the surgical report does not state why. The surgeon states that he had to hollow it out more and "remove some rough areas". He also states he found a strange geletanious substance surrounding the SCS Paddles and had a hard time removing it to get the paddles out. My right leg going paralyzed has become worse and went from two or three times a week to almost every day. My right leg will just give out and I fall to the ground. I walk with a cane but I am unable to catch myself. Yesterday I fell harder than I have yet and when trying to catch myself I felt a horrible burning sensation in my groin area. I now have what appears to be a hurnia....just what I need with all these other problems. This has been such a horrible experience and I am at my wits end with all the surgeries an horrible pain. This has turned into a never ending cycle of pain, pain medications, and even more pain. I was in such high hopes that removing the SCS would remove some of the pain around my chest but those hopes faded so quickly after surgery.

Greg