View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 11:07 PM

Default Spasms, sciatica etc after fusion

Hi, i posted awhile ago about my new problems after my fusion but the thread kinda went all over the place so thought id try reposting problem. sciatica and nerve pain have become unbearable. 60 spasms per minute...crazy making. Been on muscle relaxants, nerve medication with no help. Finally went back to surgeon yesterday and we will do new mri's with contrast and other scans. Dr. Says the follow up pt they gave me was not appropriate as they put me in a class with people who didnt have any major problems and had me doing things i shouldnt have done.

Id say 3-4 days out of the week im flat on my back...i never know how the day will turn out so cant make plans. Its like when i was first injured but with a whole new set of issues. Oddly, the fusion site does not cause me pain. It sounds strange but I hope he sees something cause right now I feel like Im losing it trying to explain to some of my regular docs what is going on.

Ill keep posting as I get test results. It is possible I may have to have another surgery. More later, but it has become unbearable for now. No medication or amount helps.

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.