View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 06:47 PM

Hi guys,
I had my lumbar injections yesterday which is why i saw DrCostigan in the morning. I slept the rest of the day once i got home. i refused the wheelchair walk out this time because it is too painful to get in and out of it and i knew the distance was short. the surgery center just called to see how i was doing. Better than yesterday morning , but still this bad pain in my right hip. that is my replaced hip . I guess i will give it the 10 days after the injections to see if it calms down.
I can now sit and lay down after the injections so they definitely helped some. I guess i would be feeling a lot better if the darn right hip hadn't acted up. I had that one replaced 3 years ago and i know there are recalls on parts of it which always scares me. I see my spine surgeon on the 29th next and i will ask him if i should get the hip checked out. It is time for my 3 year check up anyway , i just wasn't sure how long to wait after surgery to have it done.

my 16 year old daughter hangs out with me at night some nights and tells me after i fall asleep my body is really jerking all over the place. First just my hands, then my feet , then all of a sudden my whole body. I feel some of this when i am sleepy, but she demonstrated the whole thing. Pretty funny. I know there is a name for them , didn't know they got violent enough for her to think earthquake!!
Almost time for the next dose.

Maria i don't think i would be able to state my name if i was on that much neurontin from the start. I am on 300mg 3xper day. I can see building up a tolerance at some point, but i hope i am not on them long, i need a job!!
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot