View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 01:57 AM

Angry

Thank you for all the thoughful and caring response. To answer some of the questions. Yes, I am under the care of PM docs as well. I have been with PM docs for over three years now and have been through the ringer with medications. I am on a mixture of nerve medications (Neurotin and Lyrica - both being used because of a study that was performed at a hospital in Colorado Springs, CO), pain medications and meds to help me fall alseep. I usually only get a total of 2 to 3 hours of sleep at night due to the extreme pain in my back and hypersensivity of my nerves when something touches the banding pain around my chest. I was seen by my ortho two days ago and I am getting the same answers as I usually do. They are telling me I have spinal cord and nerve root damage along with scar tissue build up. Even though my right leg is going paralyzed more frequently my ortho thinks this not out of the ordinary considering the damage that has been done. I cannot get a straight answer about what actually caused this damage because he does not want to get caught up in what the previous surgeon did to me. He is afraid to offer any surgical or medical treatments due to the severity of the damage and I am told I need to wait a few more months to see if things get worse before he will recommend anything. I cannot lay on my back due to the severe pain so I will need to be anesthesized to have any further MRI's or CT scans. This has turned into an absolute nightmare. I really am grasping at any hope but cannot seem to get any relief or help with the pain and severe symptoms. I am stuck in a very bad situation and cannot seem to get any straight answers because these surgeons do not want to implicate the previous surgeon and face being caught up in a lawsuit. It is sad in the USA that it has come to this and every doc is afraid of being caught up in a malpractice suit. I know I have a pretty good case against the previous surgeon but if I even start a malpractive lawsuit there is not another Ortho or Neurosurgeon in the USA who will see me due to their fear of being caught up in a lawsuit. So I lay on the couch an pray for some relief and hope that something magical will happen to make this all go away or at least 25 percent of it. I deal with the leg pain, back pain, sciatic nerve pain, thoracic pain, the banding pain around my chest and the hypersensisvity to any touch around my mid section and t-spine. It is almost more than a person can take.... I would not wish this on my worst enemy. Thank You again for all the thoughtful and caring response. Take Care.......Greg

Last edited by kajari; 08-21-2011 at 03:06 PM.