View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 05:06 PM

Default re lawsuit

I think you're getting ahead of yourself as I do think there would be another surgeon in the US and more that would consult w/you as well as perform surgery on you. You'd likely have to sign legal documentation releasing them from liability which can be done with regard to current and any future lawsuit regarding your spine though that in itself can muddy the waters re current findings and changing anything anatomically then later contemplating a suit.

So if there was ever a time to try to initiate a suit it would probably be now with the surgeon while you are in the current situation that you are w/the current findings and no other invasive procedure of any other kind being implemented.

Please think about this because you may be forfiting something that you could potentially gain and meanwhile perhaps allow the body to try and recover/compensate on it's own no matter how brutal this feels.

Then in time someone could well be willing to perform either surgery or implant of some sort for you.

There is always the option to go out of the country if you're able as well and quite possibly if you gained some $ from a lawsuit that would be a viable option for you.

Not trying to force you into anything just trying to give a different perspective. You may just decide all this would be bad karma and is too much for you to deal with emotionally and/or physically and as one who spent way too much time in bed for years after my 2nd surgery failed re more pain than I ever imagined possible (and it sounds like nothing compared to yours and others I have read about) I can certainly understand that point of view.

My case was WC so I was in litigation re both my spine surgeries (different surgeons) and surgery failed in '92. I considered suing my surgeon though unlike you doubt I had anything more than bad surgery bad technique perhaps to go with and then had scar tissue develop so that's always used as a reason for more pain ... anyway found a new OSS several years after this happened who offered surgery and found other surgeons as well willing to perform more surgery.

In my case one cannot sue the WC system in this state and getting copies of surgical records can be near impossible let alone finding someone that could take a case against WC (probably more impossible) ... I'd have really tried however if I had seen an attorney and he or she thought I had an airtight case.

Last edited by Maria; 08-22-2011 at 05:10 PM.