View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 02:37 PM

Default re should the surgery fail

I'd not waste your time doing anything spectacular in terms of "going out" post a failed spine surgery. I remember someone lighting himself on fire and running onto the freeway into oncoming traffic some years back because he couldn't get timely healthcare I believe?? I can't even recall the details of the situation altho perhaps someone else will be able to but then again that could easily be played down to say the person had severe mental health issues and those that are seeking surgical solutions re their spines will continue to do so....(altho after working in healthcare long enough I'm pretty sure the guy probably did that because he was getting squat treatment or horrible treatment or some such very valid reason).

And chronic or intractable pain can certainly ner suck the life out of someone..

So I'd save yourself that effort even in thought (not that I didn't think of it myself after my horrendously failed 2nd spine surgery with many years of ensuing chronic horrific pain).

yeah.. but I'm better now.. see.. glad I waited

If you pursue surgery I do hope it will have a good outcome. I'm sure you're very discriminating re the surgeon that you'd select.

Last edited by Maria; 08-31-2011 at 02:41 PM.