View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 03:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
I'd not waste your time doing anything spectacular in terms of "going out" post a failed spine surgery. I remember someone lighting himself on fire and running onto the freeway into oncoming traffic some years back because he couldn't get timely healthcare I believe?? I can't even recall the details of the situation altho perhaps someone else will be able to but then again that could easily be played down to say the person had severe mental health issues and those that are seeking surgical solutions re their spines will continue to do so....(altho after working in healthcare long enough I'm pretty sure the guy probably did that because he was getting squat treatment or horrible treatment or some such very valid reason).

And chronic or intractable pain can certainly ner suck the life out of someone..

So I'd save yourself that effort even in thought (not that I didn't think of it myself after my horrendously failed 2nd spine surgery with many years of ensuing chronic horrific pain).

yeah.. but I'm better now.. see.. glad I waited

If you pursue surgery I do hope it will have a good outcome. I'm sure you're very discriminating re the surgeon that you'd select.
If I do myself in it will be more spectacular than than setting myself on fire.

I think the reason they call fusion the gold standard is because it rakes in the most gold for the health care industry. It's an absurd procedure.

MDs seem to get amnesia when it comes to the neurology of the spine. What has kept me going for many years is chiropractic treatment. Other than drugs it was the only thing that reduced the pain. A fusion, if it fuses the vertebra our of alignment as they often do can and often make things much worse. Even healthy spine out of alignment will cause a person pain. If the fusion does not heal precisely and how can it. It can cause problems and down the road it will cause more DDD. ie the gold standard.

We are customers to them and because they are unregulated they can and do exploit us in some of the most sinister ways and call it standard of care. In fascist America bad medicine is far more lucrative that good medicine. Everyone of us knows several people who have been killed or maimed by US health care.

If I have this done and I survive it and the outcome is good I will still work toward changing this horrible criminal health care system but I am going to take a year off first and live it up. Then I am going to resume my efforts to reform this vile system.