View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 06:23 PM

Red face MRI results re: fusion problems

Well last Friday night I had a very long MRI. The surgeon just called me to tell me that indeed the MRI shows a fair amount of swelling in the Sacrum area. I've just started to read about this new problem that seems to have come about as a result of the fusion. At least I didn't get the usual nothing is wrong with you answer that my HMO is famous for. I bet when I get the written report it will say nothing is wrong. I kid you not!

So were going to try injections in the sacroilliac (help sp)? joing via flouroscopy so they go in the right place. He said he thinks they can get me in within the next two weeks. He said it is possible a surgery would be indicated should the injections not help. In the meantime, I've asked my doc for stronger medications. I hate to go back to something stronger but I'm sick of laying around with no relief.

After everything I've been through with my HMO, as sick as it seems, I'm just happy they acknowledged there is a problem. It only took 16 years of fighting to get the fusion, which I still don't regret. Well, that's the latest. If anyone has any info or can direct me to good places re: sacrum fusing that would be great. Thanks, Liz

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.