View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 04:38 PM

Default Dr. Fessler

Appointment at end of September. Will keep site updated on my visit and hopefully he can be a resource for us Tspine patients or any back patients. He would not see me without reviewing Tspine MRI and records so hopefully he saw something.

I am lucky I guess to have narrowed down my main source of pain. It is my herniation T67 and tear at T56. I have had the strangest correlation with these ESI in the area. I have had 3, first nothing, second great, third in middle. But with the second one and third the injection was spread to include tear along with herniation. The nerve pain ( stabbing ) for the most part never came back to the level it was prior and the nerve pain across my back recessed and I literally felt it day by day pulling back to the point between my shoulder blades, and this nerve pain was from neck to lumbar. Almost like the pain branched out from this point, I cannot explain it. Second event I cannot explain is that when my back is hurting from nerve pain and inflammation I often have to crack my thoracic and it cracks very pronounced in the T78 area, but after my injection and for a couple of months until a flair up started it all back, the popping was gone. I dont know if that was a product of inflammation reduction properties of the ESI ( i suspect) or if nerves play a role in ligament function or swelling. Very strange.

After second injection I would do something ( not on purpose) were I would feel that all to familiar twinge saying you f'd up, but instead of nerve pain the next day the twinge would settle down. Did this for a couple of months ,but less and less every month until it did not go away. By no means was I pain free during this, but I experienced some pretty dramatic results, that I nor my PM doc can explain.

The back will make you crazy.