View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 06:24 PM

Thanks for the support. This has been a living nightmare.

Judy- WOW. I am so sorry you have had to go through this. I am glad things are starting to turn around for you. You give me a little hope (light at the end of the tunnel might be the sky not an oncoming freight train that I think it is).

Mark- I am not sold on the XLIF. I like the idea but I am not possitive. I woud prefer to get this all behind me and if that means doing more than 1 level for a better out come in the long run then that is what I may do. This NS said she has done hundreds of XLIF and many in the t-spine. She recently moved up here from the lower 48. I wish I could drive an hour or 3 and find better NS but I can't. My old NS has a very good record and he knows me, but I have to do what is right for me. I may ask for another referral when I see my PM gal next time. My PM had originally thought I should go for a microdiscectomy but they are not NS. That would have involved traveling to another state with a 5-6 hour plane ride and several thousands of out of pocket exenses (I don't have right now).

Aaron- Great news for you I did not feal this way last year when I started on my ESI's. I was doing much better and we felt as if we did find the source at 7/8 at that time (the nerve block wore off too quickly). Things for me have been getting progressively worse since the accident. I have been in a hard flare since mid July. You are right it will make you CRAZY.

Dale- Thanks for the support

My old NS office called and cancelled my appt for 9/26 so I have to reschedule. I feel like my pain is now uncontrolled again even taking around the clock meds. I see my PM late next week again. I really do not want any more medication, I just want to feel better.

I will keep you all posted on what I do and how we proceed.

I will be asking for some input along the way.