View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Administrator

My reaction was much like Laura's.... At first I thought he was a kid that didn't know better. Sounds like an adult who is or will be an abuser. This is not ordinary family friction... he needs some help.

Fortunately, our spines are very resiliant. I know someone who was attacked in Miami Intl. Airport 10 months after Charite. surgery. She was pushed to the ground... kicked several times VERY HARD in her lumbar spine... She was having a tough recovery anyway and this did set her back.

It was very confusing, because 4 years ago... nobody in Miami knew about ADR and from the paramedics, to the ER staff, to the doctors... everyone was afraid to do anything. They kept her tied to a backboard for 8 hours... not knowing what to do. Finally, her friend lied to the staff and told them that she was a doctor and she demanded that they take her off the backboard. A series of xrays... calls to her surgeon... some pain pills and on her way.

She went on to a 100% recovery and is now doing wonderfully. A funny side note... she said, "I have fewer language problems in Germany than I did in Miami! More people speak English at the AlphaKlinik than at the county hospitals in Florida."

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org