View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 09:04 PM

Default re driving

Judy/Dale/anyone
I don't know about taking Dilaudid and driving as the only time I've taken it was post op my 1st spine surgery and I slept almost all the time afterwards.

I have been taking my pain med now for 10 years and drive however my driving is much more limited than before I was taking pain medication. Not really because I feel drowsy or anything like that just because I drive less however I do know that any medication (even non narcotic) that has the potential to make one drowsy and that carries the warning on label re not operating heavy machinery or potential for causing drowsiness is one that one should be careful in terms of driving~ again any medication that carries this warning even if cough syrup or antihistamine, etc.whatever.

I have well acclimated to my medication and how I function on it over these 10 years so feel comfortable driving where I do and the distances though again it's nothing like I used to drive and that is also why I'm extremely careful should I have to add anything to my medication regime even a cold medication in terms of driving/going out.

I would caution anyone using anything with the label warning previously mentioned to be careful with driving. Sometimes our choices are pretty limited however just never drive if you're not feeling up to it~ even if just taking a cough and cold medication that can cause drowsiness or CNS (central nervous system) impairment.