View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 12:53 PM

Default re work

"You think i could ask an employer for a bed or a recliner to work from!! "

Knowing where you are with your body and what you know you can do is a very important thing when talking to your surgeon. I'm not saying don't be hopeful and don't think about a better recovery further out, rather just know where you are now and let that help project where you're going in your recovery.

I personally think since you aren't currently employed you shouldn't hold yourself to some impossible timeline and just allow yourself to recover at the rate your body is going to take. You seem to have enough to do at home that keeps you busy and your body is struggling just to keep up with that so why even consider putting yourself thru some impossible hoops (at least for now and perhaps the next 6-12 months). Be realistic.

I realize your circumstances have thrust you into a position you weren't expecting however your body is your guide as to what you can realistically do. Listen to it. Hopefully things will improve however you have a lot of tension that besides your regular recovery rate is probably contributing heavily to how you feel in general. Thank goodness you have such a crew of kids to take your mind off of some things (and also to help you)!

Last edited by Maria; 09-21-2011 at 12:55 PM.