View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 02:22 AM
Administrator

Still riding my bike 2-3 days a week. It's all the way dark and I get to try it in the dark for the first time. I'll stop at a bike shop on the way and see about lights, reflectors, etc....

We have bike paths all over, but I'm discovering that being bike friendly most of the time does not make it save. It's like taking begining skiers on a trail that is inside their range for 90% of the run. There is just this one wall with VW bug sized moguls on a really steep face. Places where there are two lanes getting on the freeway going 50mph and no bike lane. Then on the other side, there is an off-ramp with no stop sign merging into 3 traffic lanes, all going 50mph and you are in the middle of them. This is not communing with nature on my way to work!

Actually, I've discovered a trail through a greenbelt that is 80% of my ride. If I don't venture into places that I don't belong, I'll be safe. I am enjoying the riding. However, I've lost that 'I'm invincible' feeling. If I can just transition into the I'm going to ride like I'm not invincible... then I'll be OK.

Take care all....

Mark