View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 04:47 PM

Wow those are criminal doctors and or centers. I had my thoracic discogram performed at a center . I made the reservation 2 weeks before the procedure. I had the procedure, it was very beneficial proving my 2 thoracic discs were the cause of extreme pain. Then the insurance statement that they were paying zero. the reason was the center never did get pre approval which was necessary. They nor the doctor ever got paid and they told me i am not responsible. I do feel bad for the doctor as he had nothing to do with all of this , but i'm sure it was an easy write off. some day if i ever get money, i will pay him back. His charge was $2,000. I'm not sure what the center charged.

Marc,
My surgeon does all ESI's under flouroscopy and anesthesia. They used to be done at the hospital, but now the orthopedic practice has their own surgery center. At times they have charged me the $150, but I think i always reach my deductible so fast , it is usually only once a year. I forget what the whole astronomical charge is, but i don't have to pay any more. They take what insurance gives and that is usually it for me.

I am enrolled in a medical insurance billing program right now, and we are told if the patient will pay, take it. If they ask for a cash discount pretend you were just about to give one. so everyone paying cash ASK for the cash discount.
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot