View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 05:26 PM

Default re white coat criminals

Mark,
I hope that surgeon gets his license suspended vs. handslapping re the 2nd one.

Re first where cash demanded up front for discogram I am wondering what all my discos in Florida cost as the PM there did it bigger than I've ever seen anywhere re prepping the patient with IV and meds for tum prior to procedure and full blown procedure room staff. At the time my Nurse Case Manager had said I could have had a few cosmetic surgeries done for the cost of his discogram (w/fluroscopy of course). He was the only person who would take my out of state WC insurance in Fla. while living there so there was really no choice. One place I had intially contacted before I moved that was supposed to take me decided to ask for cash up front for initial assessment and treatment. They wanted $1500 for the intial visit and if treatment was suggested I would have to pay for that even though WC had already given authorization for intial assessment and would have for ESI's and meds back then (2003). WC did not agree to me paying up front and then them paying me back and they would not see me any other way. Besides the guy that I ended up with that was as close as I got to anyone else accepting me at all.

Re here.. much less pomp and circumstance w/ESI under fluroscopy. I cannot get them auth'd anymore tho so whatever..haven't felt the need for one in quite some time, thankfully. Hope my PM won't drop me since I'm only getting pain meds now as I've been seeing him for 7 years.

With my regular medical insurance they won't cover anything for my low back but if they did I have an 80/20 plan and Medicare where appropriate (according to Medicare) picks up the other 20%. This also doesn't apply to my low back as Medicare like my regular insurance won't pay for anything as it's WC related.

So how ya feeling? Hope if you don't have some relief yet you soon will.

Last edited by Maria; 09-22-2011 at 05:29 PM.