View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 07:34 AM

Default Sacroiliac injection done!

I had my SI injection done with CT scan on Tuesday, Sept 20, 2011. It is now Friday.

It was a bit more intense than I had thought. I am so sick of these injections!!! The caudal block, the facet blocks, and now this.

Yesterday I was in excruciating pain. If I had gun I would have used it I hate to say. They told me that after day two the pain would get worse as the longer acting steroid starts to take hold. I was in so much pain I was close to fainting. I think we all know what that is like.

Today was good. I've been lying down for so many months, I'm completely deconditioned so it's not easy. It will be interesting to see how long this lasts.
The doctor who did the injection said is was primarily for diagnosis. I've done some more research and this does seem to be a problem for people who have had fusions. What a bummer as the fusion area does not hurt so that was a succses. Can you believe it?

I'll post more as time goes on. I have absolutely no idea how long the relief will last but I'll take it one day at a time. I seem to be on that life plan anyway. If my doc recommends another surgery I will probably go for it. I don't want to spend my life in bed as I have in the last six months. It's been the pitts. More later

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.