View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 10:14 PM

Default update on my spine

Not one from a physician. Another one from me.

I walked for 2 hours on Sunday around town. Have been walking daily half hour walk at least rapid by self and several dog walks usually with one that is an hour and ends my being out for the day. Lots of stops with that one and at a leisurely pace so re exercise doubt it's worth that much.

So after the 2 hour Sunday walk I bent over from the waist to put food on one of my cat's plate. Ouch! Electric jolt thru mid low back. Immediately stiffen up and think "oh sh*t!"

So my left side over left hip was really sore. Felt like nerve caught somewhere threaded there and just a really crappy kinda pain. Have had it many times before tho not for a long time (over a year at least). Got worse as the night progressed. Worse after sleeping. When I got up Monday I could hardly get down to put food on cat's plates. Knees aren't at their greatest either early a.m. (hard to bend and hard to squat) Walking Lola was difficult that morning.

Came home and to get on computer I decided to squat at desktop. Seemed to have stretched out the irriated part of whatever and was able to do more things (thought I'd be in bed reesting flat). As day went on I was able to do more.

Evening dog walk. Ouch. 1 hour long. At the end of the walk stopped at local liquor store and bought a bottle of white wine. Had a few glasses at home while watching TV as that seems to act as CNS (central nervous system) relaxer and hopefully thus relaxing musculature.

This morning. Less pain. Way more mobile. Able to bend over without a prob. Still some burning pain in that same area. Stayed on my feet for the whole day doing various errands such as going to Petco, Home Depot, laundramat and walking the dog.

No real pain to speak of. I think my back is even better than it used to be at recuperating from this kind of pain!

My own guess would be that the autofusion of L5S1 has greatly helped me and that L4 still is "touchy" tho thankfully this little episode is short lived thus far. Then again perhaps it's not disc in origin but rather something relatedto facets? Then again I was bending forward when it happened so probably disc related or musculature just spasming.

Whatever it is I'm thankful it's short lived, at least thus far. No additional drugs (other than a it of alcohol last night) and my usual pain medicine in a.m.. I know I know re mixing drugs and ETOH. Doesn't happen often or with anything too strong tho musculature does seem to relax greatly with a glass or two of wine. That's about as far as I take it.

My body has astounded me in the last 5 years compared to all that I went thru for such a long time re failed post 2nd spine surgery in '92. Have faith people. Time may be too slow a healer for many tho for me it's given me such a reprieve.

Last edited by Maria; 09-27-2011 at 10:21 PM.