View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 06:35 PM

I had lots of periods of bad luck in Georgia too. As a matter of fact my therapist at the time, who was wonderful, told me i was the last person on earth that he would ask to recommend lottery numbers.

I spent 4 grueling months getting kaiser permanente to approve a rare test in Michigan for a possible adrenal tumor id. Finally approved , I throw in another expensive procedure and it gets approved immediately. I get a friend who now lives in Ohio to come and be my chauffeur as this was a 3 day test and just hang out with me. We have a fun first night together. The next morning i got a call from the hospital saying not to come in because the test they did on the rare drug that is needed failed. I would have to reschedule. I was so upset, in tears, called my therapist and told him, he was worried about how i would react to this as my string of luck there had been terrible too. I told him i had a good friend with me and i would not do anything stupid.
Later that day and a little calmer, i called the hospital back to ask how often the drug arrives and fails, She says, we have been doing this test for 20 years and this is the first time it has failed.!!!!! So maybe my 7 years is up now.

About swimming, i'm sorry you cannot do it,. I really was not a swimmer and got obsessed about swimming one mile each day. I did swim the freestyle after i floundered around for days. Now with my neck , no turning of the head. I think my doc said it leaves me with the backstroke. I really want to get into the water and try jogging, If jeff did not take it , i have a swimming belt to use for jogging in place in water.

I wish i could go back without loosing this as i always forget what someone said. Memory is just getting worse.
Well when my back was hurting pretty much everywhere this morning earlier i took a muscle relaxer and it does seem to be better. I took fido for a walk around the block, the farthest i have made it and now i am venturing out alone for a slightly longer walk. First time in a long time.

I hope you have a great day Dale and get ready for the cooler weather to come
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy