View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 04:50 PM

I had one last year that required a trip to the ER. I woke up vomiting. It was the worst ever. They did a CT at the time , which showed some healing from the time i was diagnosed with the seizures after a week in the hospital. They gave me that wonderful IV med that stops nausea , also stopped vomiting . Then IV morphine and all that did was make it tolerable but still in the bad category.
BTW after the seizures, the neurologist told my surgeon that there was NO damage. He was so upset when i saw him post op and had picked up the report which said otherwise.
Sunday i was up every half hour and when i finally decided to sit up it hit. So i caught it right away with my migraine med (Maxalt ) It melts under your tongue pretty instantly. I then about 45 minutes later took percocet. Then i just sat there in my darkened room and waited. It got better, then i made coffee and something to eat as a test. In class at the 4 hour mark , i took more pain relievers to make sure I could make it through. As i said i did go in late too. I was fine.
I really think, as Maria said, you have to really catch these at the first sign of them. I consider myself lucky with this last one.

Dale i am so sorry to hear that your back is going the wrong way. So you think it is L2/3? If it gets really bad would you consider surgery?

Maria is Lola still doing ok , back to her old self eating everything in site? Our bigger dog, Henry, will also do that. Buddy is more of a sniffer so i have plenty of time if he even decides to eat something that is not food.

So Jeff did come over to talk last night. Jamie kind of lives downstairs so she saw him and he was asking her what happened in her accident. We know she hit someone on the jammed up freeway so i asked her if she was Ok and she said she did not know what happened, she could not remember so i never bugged her again. No offer of trying to get the totalled car hauled away, getting her a newer car for her long drive, nothing.
The 3 other kids did not come down stairs to see him.
I had our few assets and debts written down and he wrote each one down and then said he wanted to put them on a spreadsheet and come back. I think he is only coming back because Steffi will be here from Germany. She is Randy's fiance.
I did tell him if he did not settle peacefully, my attorney is willing to go to court and he will be paying for it, so he better cooperate with what i ask for. I then told him (although he always pays the rent) that just with our rent of $2650 and food of $1500 per month, he is looking at a lot of money. He goes $4000 that is a lot of money., Now i know he did not think this over for one second. As he was sitting there thinking about how much $4000 was, i told him for Becka it is $2000 per month. He got up to get water at that time. I told him he could write down my savings , but i saved that over 10 years one hundred dollars at a time. It is my safety net and for the kids college and he better not think of touching it. I then asked him where his college savings was for the kids. It was all very quiet and peaceful until i asked him why he kissed me on the head when he left me for another women and i didn't finish my statement and he got up and stormed out.

The next step is mediation which my attorney will set up for us.
My head aches in a different way today. I'll see if he shows up later in the week . He also invited Jamie to go to his house for a birthday celebration. I don't know if she will do it. I just told him it would be better for her if he took her out to eat alone. It went over his head!!

judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot