View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 10:36 PM

OK ladies, i am very bummed that your backs are now bothering you, seems like we all have a common thread with the hip area pain. Mine hip area pain started after , i mean the day of my long surgery last Sept. That was my correction of kyphosis/scoliosis, when my kyphosis went out of control in a few short months . It was effecting my breathing at that level so surgery was a must with my already compromised breathing. I woke up after surgery with both my hips hurting so bad. I have endured that for a year until this August's surgery. My back pain is really gone unless i try to stand up totally straight and now it is just on the left side some and very occasionally on the right side for a very short period of time, nothing to worry about yet. It is getting better all the time now that i have slowed down.
Just in case i have an appointment with my hip surgeon next monday. I am a few months over for my yearly hip check.
I do live on percocet and occasionally a few other pain meds that i substitute for it as well as a small dose of neurontin.
I was pretty mad at myself as i had a lot of important questions that i had nicely written out that i forgot to bring with me,. So i forgot to ask about pt or other exercise which might be allowed. We did talk very briefly about working as i asked him if i would be able to sit at at desk for an 8 hour day. He said we would have to see. Also said if i wanted to go that route, but saying that if anyone should be on disability it should be me. No one believes that i cannot get social security disability. As teachers we did not pay into it and i don't have enough credits to collect. I told him that and he told me to look into it further . Ok i will. My attorney thought i was on disability and i told him the same thing so he told me to look into state disability. I looked that one up and it says it has to be filed within 49 days of becoming disabled.
So no shots as i am getting better and i agree with his decision., Just wish i had my notes and questions with me.

My daughter in law to be arrived last night, it is so good having her here. But he luggage did not so we may be heading out to the mall to buy underwear. She fits into my other clothes so we just need underwear.

DAle, i knew you wrote so well you should be a writer and you are. So you are not published. Do you have copies of your books for others to read? I would love to!
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot