View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 06:23 PM

Default hmmm

Dale,
I have to say that there was quite a period of time in which I lived in this city and coundn't walk hardly at all due to my failed 2nd spine surgery. That was in '92. It took until about the 2001 for me to really be able to start walking and that was with the ESIs, Neurontin and the pain med on board. Round about the mid 2000s I was really able to walk much more until I developed tendonitis in both feet. I was walking for hours and probably 7 miles/day at least.

Now I'm back to near a mile/day regular walk and then Lola walks. Lola walks aren't short but they are more tiring because of her pulling/freq. stops.

Re housing costs here they've come down significantly altho I'm sure you have alot of love/time/$ invested in your current home and have your healthcare providers and everything you're used to close to you.

As far as rusting for my vehicle.. I've not really noticed it to be bad here however in Florida it was terrible (and back east when l lived there growing up). I don't have a garage so I guess I'm probably used to some degree of rusting but it's not too bad esp. compared to back East.

Well I really would love to read your book when you're done editing. I have written some poetry but done anything about publishing it and probably never will. I am working on a few things myself however I don't push myself enough to finish anything. The most recent project I might however as I have much more of an emotional investment in it. That's not to say anything will be done with it though at least I might get it done (completed)!

Anyone else besides me suffer from arthritis in their hands/fingers? Today it's pretty bad but not as bad as yesterday. I guess w/the wet weather I felt it much more yesterday but with the colder night and morning my hands were painfully stiff.

I have to get something to use as an antiinflammatory medicine that won't bother my gut. I am wearing some of my mom's very nice old white rather elegant gloves while at home. Have them in black as well. They fit so nicely and have a bit of stretch to them.

Ok on that note I best be out the door as I've walked me, walked Lola again and now I have errands I'd like to run without the Missy as I can get much more done without her along even as much as I do love her company!