View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 06:06 PM

Dale my hip is the one being recalled. But my hip surgeon cleared it of any problems. I was in horrible pain,but on the right side it was from my spine, this last surgery cleared it up. it is the left side that still hurts, not as much though, it is getting better all the time.
Yesterday when i was out for a walk with Buddy, I saw this older lady struggling with a wheel chair(trying to go uphill). Of course with dog in tow, i had to help. Her husband , who had 4 strokes, was in the chair. It was the first day they had it and she decided all alone she should take him outside since she said he had not been outside in one month. Poor thing was having such a hard time, even though it was automatic. The toggle switch was just so sensitive. I could see she was also moving her hand when she didn't think she was. I couldn't just leave them. We took it off auto and tried to push it at times too. When we got to their house , she almost went over the side of the small porch. A lot of shifting , taking the ramp away, manual, auto., We finally got Rudy into the house and i parted.
NOt a good thing for my recovery and i feel it today and even yesterday eve. but i couldn;t just leave her there alone. BTW when we got off the first curb, we just used the whole street as our sidewalk!!
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot