View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 12:28 PM

Default re your spine surgery

Judy,
That seems like quite a lot of work. And to think you've had next to no recovery time it seems and are doing pretty good from what it sounds like in terms of doing better every week. Good going! Seems like that ESI was administered at quite an optimal time even if for leg pain vs. back pain/recovery!

Yes the walking is a fair amount. I've been walking each morning for near an hour by the beach and then several other walks w/Lola. I've also been doing 20 mins of step exercise plus use of upper body 1lb weights and then my evening walk with Lola has turned into quite a long one as well going at least an hour long if not longer. We are making it fairly briskly paced so that we both get something out of it (we both need to knock off a few pounds).

I do hope my feet will keep up wtih this pace as my back doesn't bother me at all and I'm actually sleeping much much better as I'm physically tired.

Interestingly enough I'm also quite energized from the increased activity. Glad to see this still can occur!

Hopefully as your body recovers Judy you will be able to increase your activities and get back to hiking. The cooler weather has been helpful to me in this as I seem to be affected by the heat in a somewhat negative manner re energy.

Have a great day now!