Thread: Thoracic Update
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 02:14 AM

Default Thoracic Update

It seems like it has been forever since I have logged on and I thought I would give a quick update. I have had a lot going on both mentally and physically. It looks like so many have had surgeries. I will have to read all of your posts and get caught up.

In August, I had a T7 bilateral nerve root injection. It was decided if I got any relief from this injection then surgery would be an answer.

It was determined from more MRI's that the last surgery at T9 (done by a different surgeon) was done at the wrong level. What we learn from these forums. For the last year the pain just laughs at the meds but they keep me from staying in bed all day. I'm still not able to do much...

Well, I got more relief than was expected from the injection. I had 10 glorious days of manageable pain. Mind you, I was still on pain meds. But, I was able to get out of the house and go shopping, sit upright in a chair for more than half an hour, clean the house, I even painted a dresser. Probably not smart, but I was so happy to be able to do some of the stuff I used to do. And, then the pain came back full force. So, today I had another of the same injections to see if it will last longer. If it is the same result, we will schedule the surgery.

The pain relief was such a blessing but it also reminded me of what I am struggling to get back (no pun intended). Does anyone else feel that way?

I hope everyone is doing well.
2 Ruptured Thoracic Discs (T7/8, T9/10)
DDD