Thread: Thoracic Update
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 07:39 AM

Shebo
I really need to update as my last 2 surgeries are not listed. One point about my injection history is my doc does many levels at one time. I do feel like i was used as a punching bag for the next day and then it starts calming down. I did get excellent relief that lasted close to a year with one lumbar set a few years ago. Then in March of this year my lumbar area came back to haunt me. So in August i had lumbar fusion of L3 and L4. He also did laminectomies, foraminotomies etc. (spelling?) as he also had to put in a connector rod starting at T7. I had 2 levels that had a pseudoarthrosis, another compression fracture, among other things that he repaired. So I am 8 weeks out of it and was not very compliant in the beginning. I was for the first week home then i went on to life as usual. So now i am really slowing down the last few weeks. I was thinking about my thoracic Vats surgery and how at 2 months i still had the same pain as before surgery. But a few months later it went away. I wanted to tell you in case i forget later.
I also needed to tell myself as it is still uncomfortable to walk. Something just feels weird. I wake up with pain in my whole back too. Still on pain meds would love to get off them. I may never be off them totally.

I think with the steroid injections some of it gets into your system and causes some energy and feeling good. That is what recent ones did to me and in a week when the systemic steroid effect was over so was the pain relief.

Have you had a discography? Painful test when it is positive.
Have you got opinions from another doc ? How about someone who does a less invasive method of removing the disks at the thoracic levels? Just checking
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot