View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 07:28 PM

Dale i am sorry you cannot walk for exercise. Do you use a cane for regular shopping etc.? I'm also sorry L2-3 is acting up. Are you going to get that checked out?
I also judge pain levels and functioning off pain meds. I did yesterday and was pretty miserable. At least i remember saying that to my doctor yesterday morning. I knew if i took anything after getting only a little sleep, i would be falling asleep driving. also without the cortisol wake up call at 8am when it is at its highest, it makes me sleepy. I'll see after a few days if i can get up in the morning again. right now if i have no where to be (which is usually the case) i am still in bed at noon or even up until 2pm. I waste the whole day. So i do rest.

Maria , i'm glad the walk did you no harm. You have such a great environment to walk in. i love walking near the ocean. I should say i would love it. Here it is all up or down hill. I'm not liking the up hill anymore, i just thought it was OK i was wrong. The down hill is still OK though. On pain meds.

Thanks both of you for being the voice of common sense and reason. I will not add anything to my schedule except trying to get my daughter to school. she is really falling way behind and it is all emotional. The husband actually came through after a lecture email from me and is going to the school tomorrow to start the evaluation process for Becka. She is on a home school type of program and just is not doing her work. She is supposed to report to the school twice a week with work done and it is like pulling teeth to get her to go. I am failing . Makes me cry every time she misses. Then she sees me cry and she starts crying.
I asked jeff if i could come along with him tomorrow, have not heard back.

judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot