View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 11:57 PM

Default pretty much

I share Dale's viewpoint in terms of not giving one's self adequate time to heal post op. Then again there are times you say you feel better Judy and are making improvement so I tend to believe you however I do think you've pushed yourself in some activities a bit much (like sitting for classes).

I would have never scheduled any classes until I saw how I responded to surgery and with an adequate period of healing. Then again it seems you've been thru spine surgeries a number of times and sort of plan based on past experience?

I do hope you will heal and recover well however I do have to wonder if you just don't push yourself too much to actually give yourself adequate recovery time.

I guess time will tell~ let's hope for the best! BTW I didn't have a fusion so really can't address pain levels post this type of surgery however I took no actual pain meds post my 2 discectomies (even tho 2nd one had horrific outcome) past the one week post op mark.

So in essence even tho I had worse pain post my '92 surgery it wasn't until 2001 I actually got any "pain" medication of any sort!! talk about a long wait!!! I don't count the elavil or Neurontin (for neuroapathies).