View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 11:33 AM

Default re 2 month mark

Judy,
You've been the most active person I think I've read about on a spine forum post your most recent fusion! I still think the ESI at the point you got it probably helped that along even tho it was for your leg! So maybe it actually helped you overall as it allowed you to be up and active (maybe too active maybe not).

Hopefully you won't have to have more spine surgery (re never doing that again)!

I understood why you're taking the cortisol. You had mentioned the increased dose might make you feel better so was just inquiring as to if it made a difference there. Was hoping perhaps it had~

Re the classes I think you could have gotten your $ back re the back surgery being advised at that time or taken the classes when offered again tho I do recall you mentioned the possibility of a job opening that you were considering applying for so wanting to try and make that deadline. I'm amazed you got thru those long hours of sitting when you were doing the 7 hours tho you made it so guess you could do it! Are you nearly done with the classes? They do seem to have been a good distraction for you during this time.

Holidays are on the way so do be careful to not overdo with shopping and cooking long hours! At least for me I can bring on a good back ache by seriously emerging myself into either activity (long hours standing in the kitchen and probably longer hours running around shopping)... I don't think I'll do either this year actually as we've been invited to my relatives for TG and I'm not shopping this year unless online!

Ok seems like your doctor thought you were progressing pretty normally for the period of time post surgery so I'm off your case about resting and leaving it up to you as I'm sure you'll rest as much as you feel you need to or can stand! Hope your walks are continuing. Mine are getting better, longer, faster and I'm much more energetic overall!