View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 05:02 PM

Default A diagnosis finally

So I made the trip up to NYC to see Dr Fishman.He was very enthusiastic about his work and seemed to be generally concerned with my pain and how long I have been suffering with no diagnosis.

He did the usual evaluation , then he did a EMG , which came back positive for piriformis syndrome on both sides.My reflexes were really delayed on the results he showed me.

Dr.Fishman then gave me two injections , one on each side.Very little pain during the procedure except when he wasnt confident he was in the right muscle and had to move the needle around a little.

After the injections my pain went from a 7 to around a 2 instantly.He stated that he was very happy with the results and scheduled me for two months of PT.

He informed me to stay in touch with him and if I do not keep on improving he would like me to come back and try a botox injection in the muscle.

Finally after three years of going from doctor to doctor and not getting an answer I can finally throw myself into this rehab and hopefully one day have some of the life I used to know back.