View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 02:07 PM

Default re fridge

Funny topic here tho dh has I guess what you call a french door fridge as well. The top part is the fridge and the bottom is the freezer. I sometimes have trouble getting stuff out of it as I have to bend over and if my back hurts that's a pain. With my fridge it's the opposite w/freezer in top so I have to bend or squat to get to stuff at bottom shelves (crispers)so keep little in there.

I've forgotten what they call the kind of stoves/ovens that are built so that the oven is sort of level with my chest area and the stove top range is a seperate unit. These are in many of the beachside older apts. I can use this kind of oven because I don't have to bend over to pull stuff out but a regular oven is a pain for me so I only use the stove top/range mostly. dh has something called a NuWave convection oven and it's really fun to make dinner for 2 on as it's super easy to use and cooks nicely while not drying food out at all. You can see it on informercials. I want to get one. I've also seen these seperate range pieces (not sure what they're called) that heat up on contact with a special pan and they can be placed anywhere so could be put on any counter, taken on a trip .. whatever.

While most of the time I don't bother to cook for me alone sometimes when my back is worn out and I have to cook the standing in the Kitchen bothers my feet and sitting isn't any better if my back is acting up. I don't do all that well with standing in place either and shuffle a lot. My feet will start to hurt if I just stand in place and then after about 15 mins or so my low back will hurt so I have to keep moving. Makes some people nervous.. I think I actually do more bending/squatting getting the animals their food/meals tho!

My walks here have been good .. took 2 yesterday tho won't walk if it's raining here today. Guess I'll run up and down the stairs and walk around in the house for a half hour or so.. dh has a lot of "goodies" to eat in his house that I don't have at home so I've been "bad" and definately won't be losing 6 lbs before TG!!!

Good luck getting your walk in today Judy and enjoy your new fridge!

Last edited by Maria; 11-04-2011 at 02:10 PM.