View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 09:21 PM

Default swollen legs

Hi Judy,
Do your legs swell appreciably when on your feet for a certain amt. of time or while sitting in a dependant position? I have just a little bit of feet swelling but think it's along the normal lines (not while sitting but while on my feet for long time). I do have a mild case of lymphedema in my right leg which actually does seem to get a bit more swelling in a dependant position however I try to wear compression socks/or leggings quite a bit to help with this. It's not terribly noticable tho enough that someone might comment about the right leg near the ankle being somewhat swollen if I wear shorts.
Supposedly walking is good for lymphedema and sort of milks the lymph system in the lower extremities so hopefully my walks help this along. I sure wish this posterior tibial tendonitis would leave me alone so I could walk as much as I'm able. Walking really helps my back quite a bit and without my walks I feel stiff and have more back pain in the mornings.

I just remembered that your ribs were bothering you so hopefully you're feeling a bit better from this ?

Dale, I have long thought about going to writers conferences though have never felt I could sit long enough to warrent the cost. Maybe one day I should just "do it!" I've not worn a back brace in ages so don't know if that would help or not. I've tried many things to help my sitting along and while the ability has improved quite a bit it's still very short term in compared what the "normal" sitter can do (I now consider myself at least a "social sitter" like for dinners and such which is still really great for me).

Thanks for the good idea about quickie/easy tasty meals. I now use the NuWave for heating as much up as I can as it doesn't dry things out or sometimes do the number that the microwave does on the texture of the food. Tho I still use the microwave as needed.

Time for my walk now as it's warmed up enough for me to get out and enjoy it! Missed it yesterday because of the rain and doing errands earlier in the day before it started raining and I was quite cranky I think because I missed my walk!