View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 02:20 PM

Default M6

ADR Seeker - I totally agree with you that the ball and socket does not mimic what God gave us. However, when I was deciding which disc to get, it mad sense that the simple 2 piece all steel disc seemed the best choice to last without issues. I have the Maverick and I am sure it puts extra strain on my body vs. the M6. However, the M6 has many different parts and materials. More for there to go wrong in the M6? See below story of a Mobi disc that attempts to mimic the human disc but has had issues.

LDR Mobidisc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 2005 my husband had single level ADR (L5/S1) at Alpha Klinik w/ Dr. Zeegers. An LDR Mobidisc was used. The surgery was successful at the time. Early this year, Tommy began to have severe, debilitating pain in his back. After MRIs, CT scans, and Xrays we found the problem. LDR used a titanium pin as a "marker" for the polyethylene core of the Mobidisc. That pin has become dislodged and is sticking Tommy in the back every time he moves. LDR has tried to shift the blame to Zeegers stating that Dr Z put the disc in backwards. But regardless, the pin should never have come out of the core. None of the doctors in Dallas will help due to liability issues. Oddly, earlier this year we sent Tommy's Xrays and MRIs to Dr Zeegers who never mentioned the pin sticking out of the disc into Tommy's back until we called him to say we found the problem. When we told him what we found, he said yes he had seen that too but did not believe it was the source of pain. The new discogram says that 100% of Tommy's pain in coming from L5/S1. Tommy is in horrible pain and very depressed. Tommy is not the first Mobidisc recipient to have this issue. - there are 12. I adore Dr Zeegers but think it is odd he didn't mention the pin. And, I have asked LDR to provide contact info for the surgeons who had the same problem and they continue to be evasive. What do you think we should do????

4/08 Bonati Institute - redo of L5/S1 right
8/08 Bonati Institute - redo of L5/S1 left
12/08 Bonati Institute - redo of L4/5 right and left

9/09 Piriformis surgery to remove piriformis muscle causing sciatica