View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 09:42 PM

Default re symptoms

Judy,
I agree you should probably tell your doctor/surgeon about your symptoms (upper spine/cervical?) and also perhaps you'd want to try the Neurontin again to see if that helps with the symptoms. The reason I went off it was because I was feeling terribly "stupid" and had bouts of pretty bad nausea that would go on till about one in the afternoon. I told my PM and OSS for 2 years and kept asking about going off my pain med and finally my OSS actually heard what I said and told me to decrease or stop the Neurontin.

I tapered off the Neurontin in about 2 months I think and felt so much better. The nausea went away, the stupidity cloud lifted and left my regular excuse for less than steller thinking~ yes I felt like a new woman and most of all the neuropathies were gone and probably had been for a while. I think my body was a bit toxic with the level of Neurontin I was ingesting and not needing. That's my theory at least.

Well the walking yesterday has done my back much good and even my feet aren't screaming in pain or even hardly painful. That's so wonderful! I do walk fast and have built up both speed and distance so I'm definately making progress here. Then again as you mentioned Judy the cooler weather makes this more possible as well as I cannot force myself to walk much in temps above low to mid 80's.

Hope your daughter will want to go back to school after being out a month. Does Becka have a lot of outside interests and things she enjoys doing (with friends and without?). Not that you can restrict her just wondering is she has interests that she pursues in lieu of going to school. I guess she's too young for a part time job ? Just thinking maybe there'd be something that would make her realize she'd want to pursue studies further to get a degree later on and become "something" like a Vet/doctor/lawyer/nurse/computer technician/dentist/teacher .. etc... you know what I mean!

Ok hope spines are doing Ok today and wishing all well~ Maria