View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 05:22 PM

Default flat back syndrome

Judy,
I think this must be a fairly common finding as so many people have been fused for scoliosis in younger years and extensively with Harrington Rods as well as persons having multiple fusions. It doesn't make it any easier to realize that is what you probably have going on tho perhaps you can talk to your doctor about a PT program that will build the accessory musculature and also the PM re a pain medication that lasts longer and takes care of more of the pain allowing you to be more physically active and feel OK doing that (without going hog wild butt neked crazee/seriously overdoing)!

I used to really resent taking the pain medication I do tho honestly if I can function to the degree I am most of the time re my spine and am not seriously screwing up any major component of my body or end organ system I think I'm doing OK as I'm on my feet quite a bit and fairly active with rest as necessary.

Then again I've had no hardware implanted so I think I've done fairly minimal change to my body compared to many here so that probably makes for less structural changes as well and in my case at this point and time less pain.

Having said that I believe I'm on a much stronger pain medication than you even once daily so it could be I'd be really not a very happy camper w/o this medication and hardly do anything w/o it.

Hands are hurting while I type so have to go. Will have to look into parafin bath for hands as Dale and others have suggested. This weather we're having generally adds to some aches and pain somewhere in my bod. Yesterday my knees were stiff and feet hurt. Today it's the hands more so. The back is "hanging in" pretty well~ thanks to this dirt cheap standard golden oldie pain med that must make WC very happy to pay for compared to what I could be on. It works and that's good enough for me right now!