View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Banned

I drive an old Jeep Cherokee. It's a 5 speed manual with a 4 cyl 2.5 liter Iron Duke. Does OK on gas. Not much power but I like the ride and it has been reliable so far. The interior is cheaply made and spartan but I actually like that. Like a lot of American cars some things were well engineered like the motor and the body but the details are lacking.

The wife has a Toyota Matrix. She loves it. It has a lot of get up and go and is great on gas. She bough it new and now it has 130K on it. It looks new and it runs like a top. So far no repairs. It's been very reliable. It handles like a sports car. My only complaint is that it has a rough ride for me but it I didn't have spine issues I'd love this car.

Pontiac made a car called the Vibe which is the same thing. There are some minor changes on the body but it is the same car only cheaper.

Wifey always had good cars like a Toyota Avalon (expensive to repair), Saturn (loved it) Subaru (loved it)

Ford is making some good cars now. Other than Volvo the Europeans are making junk. My top picks would be anything from Toyota, Honda, or Ford. Nissans IMO are iffy and Subaru are overpriced. Kias are nice. I like the Kia Soul. If I had my druthers I would own a restored Mercedes from the 70's .

I'd like to show up at the FDA headquarters in this specially modified Chrysler Imperial.