View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 12:48 PM

Default falling forward sensation

Judy,
You may get better pain relief w/something stronger which would allow you to be able to feel like you could function better. That's what seemed to have happened to me and in this process by walking more and being more active I have become stronger. I don't have any of the postural concerns (I do have some mild ones I think which I tend to correct while walking I hope) you do going on and I think you may find walking with "walking sticks/poles" helpful (like w/cross country skiing) vs. cane/walker for support.

I've considered walking sticks/poles as I read that also exercises the upper body increasing the calories burned while walking and probably one can walk a shorter distance and burn more calories as upper body involved as well and maybe one can walk longer as body feels more supported. I don't really know as it's been a long time since I did any cross country type trekking and back then I was w/o any injuries at all (in my 20's).

Apple pie.. I can smell it now!! Yummmmmmy!!!!

BTW note to you and Dale that I'm having probs w/my aol and keep getting error message and bumped off there so haven't replied there.

Last edited by Maria; 11-13-2011 at 03:10 PM.