View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 09:40 PM

Default re injectable nucleus replacement

I'm very interested in this as well as stem cell type of therapy. I've had two discectomies w/the latter being percutaneous and I think at the time (1992) it was a fairly new surgery and while others may have been successful mine failed horribly. Not just miserably but horribly. I heard from someone that wasn't supposed to tell me that too much disc material was removed as visulization and measuring of amt. of disc back then was in it's "baby stages." Anyone who has been part of the leaning curve on the negative side knows this isn't ideal to say the very least. Maybe something like this would have been very helpfu to me.

All I know is personally in my heart of hearts I hope there are some less traumatic means of dealing with disc bulges and leaking at least perhaps in the beginning. Maybe even saving them from further problems so quickly down the road.. I never wanted a fusion and I'm now far too late for the ADR possibilty altho at one time I was a candidate for 2-3 levels but after 2 discectomies and more pain than I felt I "should have" have had to deal with I am hoping for something on the spinal horizon that isn't quite so traumatic to the spine and maybe nucleus replacement is it.. I have no idea~ just like hearing about it and the actual science and data behind it.

Thank you for keeping us in the loop here. Much appreciated. I do realize each case is individually evaluated and not everyone is a candidate for "whatever" surgery. Just interested.. that's all.

Last edited by Maria; 11-14-2011 at 09:46 PM.