View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 04:07 AM
Administrator

Many of these types of clinics provide first rate care. They have a specialty that they primarily do and they are quite good at it. However....

The objection I have to many of them is that they never met a patient they didn't like. I know there are exceptions and I know people who have been turned away as non candidates. For every one I know that meets that profile, I know several who have gone there with poor results.

I don't object to occasional poor results. Hey, this is spine and there are no procedures that don't have failures and horror stories associated with them. What I do object to is the patient who has a disc that is so severely compromised that it is not a good candidate for MISS. Too many of these doctors feel that they have license to do way too many surgeries because it is MISS and they are unlikely to hurt you. May as well try. Too many of these clinics are run like money factories. Remember the folks at Disc Cure? They wouldn't let you talk to a doctor without paying $500 up front!

That is great, unless after you've paid them for a surgery or two that you really weren't a good candidate for; so now you cannot afford to have the next surgery that you really need. I've seen this way too many times.

Again, if what you need is what they are going to do... they can be great. I also know many successful patients with MISS from Bonati and LSI.

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org