View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 04:52 AM
Administrator

It's funny that I just mentioned Disc Cure on another thread before I saw this. Tobinick and his brother were running this clinic. They were misrepresenting themselves as affiliated with the UCLA School of Medicine because they had offices near UCLA.

I went to talk to them twice and managed to navigate my way past their policy of $500 cash on the barrel before you can even talk to a doctor. Because their business seemed to be only about money, and with unrealistic promises... I never sought treatment from them.

My suspicisons about the clinic were confirmed when I had the opportunity to spend some time with Dr. Michael Whitworth. He is a wonderful interventional pain management doctor and was a frequent poster on the spinal disorders forum over at braintalk. He was in Los Angeles to testify against Tobinick. (Dr. W's website: Home)

I have no idea how capable a doctor Tobinick is. In my opinion, based on my experience, he's a crook. Note that I'm not suggesting anything about this treatment. Only about my experience with a sham clinic that (I believe) was shut down by the authorities.

Mark

PS... Here is one of my fond memories...

I was able to host Braintalk's beloved Dr. W. for a backyard BBQ:

2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org