View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 12:01 PM

Default re disc cure

I made an appt. to see this doctor however all I was able to see was some short film made ridiculously simple about how embrel worked and a "nurse" came in to see if I understood everything and told me if I wanted to consult with the doctor I had to pay $500. I agree w/Mark re misrepresentation in terms of having an office "affiliated" with UCLA. It would have been accurate to say that the office was located on the grounds however I checked out the affiliation status and found there was no such affiliation.

Embrel is not a drug to be administered lightly either so recognizing that this was probably more of a money making scheme than an actual physician dedicated to the care and management of spinal problems I chose to save myself the $500. In fact his specialty has nothing to do with the spine as I recall which was another tip off in terms of treatment.

Also when seeking treatment outside of the WC system (if desired treatment is not authorized and is still pursued by patient) if something is done and creates more of a problem then there is a possibility that WC can legally fenagle their way out of continuing care which I didn't want the possibility of losing over something like this.

Last edited by Maria; 11-16-2011 at 12:03 PM.