View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 07:50 PM

I'm getting or going to get ready to go for my daily walk, not sure if rain will interfere tomorrow.
Buddy has learned to not stop and sniff and pee everywhere or to do it before i am ready to tug on the leash so our walks together have become quite pleasant. I feel better about being a dog mom too.
Now today i woke up with not only my upper back sore, but my right knee which no longer will fully straighten out. Maybe it is used to me standing with my knees bent and is too used to that position. Or maybe i hurt it when i fell directly on it last month. My ribs have totally stopped hurting. Now it is my left shoulder blade area and my upper back and my knee that hurt even when on pain meds.
All , i think, could be coming through flat back syndrome.
A few months ago i bought a pair of Merrill very lightweight running shoes. I think they only weigh 5 ounces each. They are awesome. A bit pricey, but worth it . They are very comfortable. I have not put my orthotics in them, but i'm just being lazy about them. I actually have not taken them out of my hiking boots which i haven't worn since the end of July. I had only like 1 week when i was healed enough from foot surgery before my back surgery to go for a hike.

Also the other day i got the worst pain in my neck . Last night my left leg went numb on me too. All the sciatica signs disappeared with this last surgery and my leg going numb really was not pleasant thinking about the possible causes as it was not positional.
WEll off to get ready to walk
Hope you have a great walk today too and don't have to cut it short
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery