View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 08:41 PM

Default candidate

I was under the impression that if it's a single level it's is usually the best option. But listen! I am so totally jaded. I have had a bad time with fusion so I am not for it. I am also upset that I was not given all my options when I had my surgery. So it's not fair for me to feel that way towards all doctors that do it. But it just makes sence to me to preserve the body's function and motion in the most natural way you can and fusion is not it. I had seen interview with service members that had adr and went back to work for the military and were so glad that they did not have fusion as they were told they would most likely not be able to re-enlist depending on their m.o.s. Single level patients do better than most. I still say that it will cause ajacent level issues for him later. I hope that he is one of the fortunate ones.