View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 06:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshobbies View Post
The truth is we don't know what his reasons for choosing fusion were and probably never will. His specifics are his to share or not.

However, my first thought - especially if he plans to remain in the sport is that probably ADRs can't take the abuse that solid bone can. His head will be yanked in all directions and hit hard. What would happen to an ADR when it's forced to go where it doesn't belong?

Just my thoughts - Dale
That's what I think.

With the M6 and the Neo Disk there is still metal hardware. I think that the NeoDisk would have been his best choice. I think his career is over.

What they should do is install the NeoDisk using screws made from bone. If surgeons were smart they would use a tap and die set to make threads and then screw the disk in to place.

The other thing is this. Even rich people get bad medical advice. If Peyton had gone to England and had Nick Booree install th Neo Disk it would be big news and Americans would be clamoring for it. Time will tell if his fusion works. I suspect that it won't.

Also if an ADR were to fail or fail catastrophically it would be bad press for the manufacturer and as we know the ball and socket designs available in the US have higher failure rates than the M6 or the Neo Disk do to their less than elegant design.

At this point Manning should retire. Why risk being paralyzed?