View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 06:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom34 View Post
I asked my surgeon about the "laminectomy" as everyone had a different version of it. He said he actually didn't remove much bone, he drilled a hole that was 1mm bigger than the microdiscectomy hole, it allowed him better visualization due to the fact that it was a revision and he wanted to make sure he got the offending stuff out. He said he removed the entire nucleus pulposus and said it'd be extremely unlikely for it to reherniate.

I dont think it reherniated but I feel like something is definitely putting pressure on my sacral nerves whether it be from lost disk height or the remaining disk under load.

Would a fusion help me?
What they have been testing are nucleus implants. They remove the nucleus pupolsus and inject a flexible core. They are also injecting biological material that will cause the disk to regenerate. An injectable nucleus replacement as an adjunct to microdiscectomy: 2*year follow-up in a pilot clinical study

Compared to other technologies medical technology is in the dark ages. I think things may get better but medical customers get treated like patients once again we continue to receive care based on profit instead of science and compassion. Others may not agree.