View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 11:21 AM

Send a message via AIM to Blairsara
Default change in surgery date

So my surgery date has now changed from May 24th to May 10th. I have to see if I can take my finals early otherwise I have to take incompletes and wait until next spring semester to take my finals. Lets cross our fingers that this will not happen because it will totally suck.
No new update with my brother except for that he finally apologized. FINALLY! however, i'm taking that with a grain of salt. He needs to get help before I can have a relationship. And frankly, I'm a bit nervous that he might snap again and something could happen after my surgery and I might not be as lucky. I don't want to take that chance.
I'm getting kind of nervous about my surgery. I signed the consent forms yesterday. It's actually kind of funny because in my torts class we're talking about medical malpractice and informed consent that doctors have to give to their patients before having a surgery or some kind of procedure.

Hope everyone is doing well. My PM doctor put me on the long lasting morphine because the oxycontin stopped working. It really only lasted for a few days then I was back to lying on the couch with ice when I wasnt in class. I havent had to ice my back in 3 days!! How awesome is that. Ahhh how the little things make us smile After I recover from my surgery I'll probably be glowing so much that people will need sunglasses just to look at me

Blair
Spondylolisthesis
1/04 fall in Vegas
1/04-5/04 epiderals
6/24/04 Charite L5/S1
10/04-present new pain from facet joints caused by Charite; 10 facet blocks
12/06 rhizotomy left side
3/07 rhizotomy right side
5/10/2007 Charite removed, anterior IF, posterior instrumentation
180 mg MS-contin; Oxycodone; 16 mg Zanaflex