View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 11:14 AM

Post Trip to Bonn (beta klinik) - update1

So i finish with one week trip to beta. Its great place there and dr Reul is amazing,like other stuff there.
Story from beta & dr. Reul :
After a long conversation with dr Reul who is wonderfull,he order whole spine MRI,but most, we focus on my problematic area - thoracic!
MRI showed only small t6 t7 herniation like allways and he suggest 2 things:
first take out blood so if there is maybe some rheuma factor(i still don know total results),and second costovertrebral block at t5-t6-t7.
It was thuesday,and he did costo block. First thing i noticed when he puncture my skin all the way to facet,is that is not the area where i have pain. i allways tough t6 t7 is higher. ?!?
After block, i didnt had any relief provided,so i came one day later to see if there is some afect..unfortunately no.
Then i show him with my fingers area thats hurts,and where is my deep dull pain. it's around t2 t3 t4.
So he try again costo block to t2-t3-t4-t5.
When he inject needle in my skin around t2-t3,then i feel,yeah is somewhere there. Anestetic goes in, and i feel some pressure across my ribs,but that's was not my pain i have.
So dr Reul told me,if i dont get any benefits from costo block(i'm still having this dull deep pain around t2 t3),that he would try to do discography from t2 i think - all the way to t7.
I'm confused because,my t6 t7 looks bad,and the pain im experiencing is above herniated t6 t7...
Crazy spine
Maybe someone of you had this diagnose,that pain can came from non herniated disc,i dont know im confused now?
Thats update from me,and please sorry for my long text and english.
Im not so good lately...
Greetings from Croatia...
UPDATE: i get email from dr .Reul about my blood test:
"Thank you for your mail.
As I said to Dr. Zeeghers, we found an abnormal finding in the lab results
suggesting an autoimmun disease like the Lupus erythematodes. The lab value
is pathologic but we should always be suspicious.
The Lupus Erythematodes (LE) can affect the spine and nearly every organ and
can be treated by steroids in first line.

As I told you, it seems for me not to be only a mechanical problem and you
should think about a systemic steroid treatement for diagnostic an
therapeutic reasons."

Last edited by newhere; 12-08-2011 at 11:28 AM.